Do you love Maple Syrup? I sure do!
Spring is just around the corner… Farmers are busy collecting sap, so that we can all enjoy our pancakes ! Join us this week at the Sugar Shack!
There are so many fun things to do here – Hay rides, sleigh rides, dancing to great music, and of course – tons of Maple Treats! Check out all the new recipes and items below!
Here are a few interesting facts about Maple Syrup:
- Maple syrup is typically made from the xylem sap of Red Maple, Sugar Maple and Black Maple trees
- It was first collected by the aboriginal people of North America and taught to European settlers
- The Canadian province of Quebec produces about 75% of the world’s Maple Syrup, yearly!
- Vermont is the largest producer in the US at 5.5%
- Maple Syrup is graded based on its density and translucency
Have fun and good luck with the Challenges!
- Maggie x
Enjoy this great tune – Composed and played by Simon Lavallée, a member of our Playfish Team!
Check out more of his music here: