Hello again fellow Restaurant owners! Welcome to another great week in Restaurant City! We’ve decided to dive a little deeper with this theme and bring you part 3 of “Under the Sea” week, but before we get to that.. I have an exciting announcement to make!
As a lot of you already know, starting from today, you can open your restaurant for longer, with opening hours now extending up to 24hours! Here are a few things you should know about this exciting new feature:
- You can now open your restaurant for up to 24hours.
- Instead of feeding each one of your restaurant staff, now you simply need to pick how long to keep your restaurant open.
- To support this new feature we have had to increase the Gourmet Points required to level up. Now that everyone’s restaurant can stay open all day, Gourmet Points are much easier to earn. Serving a dish still earns the same number of points, based on the dish’s level, and we have increased the number of points you can earn from other actions like leveling up dishes and visiting friends. There is also a new Gourmet Point bonus for coming back on time. To balance these increases, we have also raised the number of Gourmet Points required for each level. To maintain your current level we have given everyone a one-time Gourmet Point boost.
- We have worked hard to stay true to the original game design, however we were unable to keep one important part: resting. After trying several different approaches we were not able to extend opening hours alongside resting without making the game overly complicated. If you are one our many players who enjoyed the strategy and challenge of resting staff, we apologize for removing this feature. We hope that the flexibility you gain from longer opening hours makes up for this.
- Without resting, the role of beds has changed. Now, your staff will work faster if there is a bed in the restaurant. The red bed gives a 0.5% speed boost and the gingerbread bed gives a 1% speed boost. The effect does not stack. If you have beds, you will also see your staff sleeping when your restaurant is closed. If you would like to sell any beds, you can redeem them for their full coin value (4,500 for the red bed, 12,000 for gingerbread bed).
- Finally, we felt that the way arcade machines worked could be improved. Now every machine has a fixed capacity and time that it takes to fill up. At the end of this time you can collect the coins earned and the machine will start filling up again. Machines will earn coins when you are offline too!
- You cannot feed or rest your staff any more, but they still like to see you at the end of a long hard day at the restaurant. Return to your restaurant at the end of your shift and you will receive a bonus. But be warned, if you are late* you had better expect some grumpiness from your staff!
(*Late means being away longer than 24-hours after being open for 24-hours, or 30-minutes are being open for 30-minutes etc.)
We hope that you enjoy these changes and we look forward to hearing your feedback. This is part of our ongoing effort to keep Restaurant City the most fun you can have on Facebook. If you took part in one of the many surveys or closed beta tests for this feature we would like to thank you for your input – we could not have done it without you.
The newest additions to the Underwater theme this week include quite a few interesting items that are both functional, and appealing to the eyes! First up is the Oyster Farm which acts similar to an arcade and earns you 400 coins every 4 hours. The Pet Sea Horse is an adorable little creature that swims around your restaurant impressing your customers! The new Sea Shell Drink Dispenser serves your drinks 15% faster, and the cute and bubbly (pun intended!) Mini Rock Geyser releases a stream of bubbles for your guests to enjoy! Also this week, your guests can enjoy the soothing deep sea tunes of the amazing Fish Band! Lenny, Frankie, Tommy & Yuriy are all ready to rock out in your Restaurant!
|Frankie the Clarinet Player||Yuriy the Bass Player||Lenny the Singer|
(Available Until June 13th)
|Mini Rock Geyser|
(Available until June 13th)
|Pet Sea Horse||Sunken Ruins Arch|
(Available until June 13th)
|Moving Deep Sea Picture||Tommy the Drummer|
|Seashell Drink Dispenser||Seashell Sink||Seashell Toilet|
Outside this week we have the new Coral Door and Underwater Wall Tile to complete the exterior look of your restaurant. The Scuba Diver is making an appearance outdoors, and the Shark statue will surely make a splash! Don’t worry, he doesn’t bite!
|Scuba Diver||Mini Geyser Rock|
|Exterior Mermaid Decor||Fishbowl Wall Decor||Eel|
|Shark||Underwater Wall Tile||Coral Door|
This week we have two new dishes! Both dishes are limited, so make sure you level them up (at least level 1) before they’re gone! The first dish is a main dish, called “Seafood Platter” and the second is a starter dish called “Softshell Crab Roll” Yummy!
|Softshell Crab Roll
We hope you enjoy the third part of this theme, and of course the exciting new changes that have been done to Restaurant City this week. We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback!